Monday, November 30, 2009

Packing up to Leave Enos

Monday, November 30, where did the month of November go? The sun is breaking through clouds on the eastern horizon when I get up. I spend an hour reading our DVD manual and learn a few things. I'm so happy to be able to listen to my music. Mike will never know how much I appreciate his help to get me on the right track (ha! ha!) It clears off to be a cool, sunny day. The low was 38 last night. We watch the forecast first thing and hear lows in the high 20's Wed. and Thurs. night on TV. But I go on-line to check out Lampasas forecast for south of here and they are predicting mid-30's.

So we decide to stick with the plan and go south tomorrow to Mustang Ranch RV Park. We saw it on the way north on 377 at Pilot Point. It's a brand new park and they have an RV dealership attached. Maybe we can get our furnace worked on. Bob tried to run it yesterday and the gas is not lighting now. Back to the drawing board.

Anyway, after leftover breakfast tacos I stretched and did my strengthening routine during which I found a burr the hard way! Then I tried to call Mustang Ranch but got their fax machine noise the first two times. Finally after I took a shower I reached them. She said they have a big site free for five days. So we'll head there tomorrow if the rain doesn't start too early in the morning. It's only about an hour south of here. They have a laundry room on site too.

I work on journal pages for a while. And I take down all of the decor items and pack them away. We have leftover pulled pork (thanks again Linda) for lunch. Then Bob goes out and does his pre-move stuff. While he's out in the burrs he hands the bikes in to me and we button them down for the move.

I spend another hour working on journal pages and get caught up through today. Hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow and we can move south. It's 4:47 p.m. and 64 degrees. The high was 74 according to our fake-weatherboy but he was in the sun so I'm guessing more like 65. The humidity is 22%.

No comments: