Wednesday, November 11, 2009

India Palace and Home Depot

Wednesday, November 11, the sun greeted me as I opened the day/night shades at 8:00 a.m. to help heat up the RV. I worked on Jan. 2009 journal pages and photos until Bob got up and we had breakfast. On my morning walk I ran into Sandy and Brandy out sunning in their lawn chairs. I joined them and had a nice chat with Sandy about the trials and tribulations of moving your home down the road. She had some grand disaster stories; her own and those of friends. Makes me realize how lucky we have been. We're making a plan for a ladies shopping day soon.

Back home to stretch and shower. Bob and I head to India Palace for their buffet around noon. It's crowded today but same great food. Then we skirt around Southern Hills Golf Course, lying idle on this gorgeous day, to get to Home Depot on 71st. The have less pvc pipe than Lowe's did. Back to the drawing board.

Home to read the paper and work puzzles. Then I took another walk and ran into Bill, Sandy and Brandy again. We must be on the same afternoon schedule. He's going to Ponca City overnight soon for work so Sandy and I will plan our shopping day. I asked him about pvc sources in Tulsa be he didn't know of anywhere. I struck out on the Internet this morning. Bill suggested the real Yellow Pages so I stopped in the office and made some notes. Not too easy without my reading glasses.

Country Music Awards on tonight. Maybe I'll take a break from my journal and watch them. Had an email from my brother Greg in NC. My nephew Jason is coming home in 65 days from his overseas job in Afghanistan. Greg is making a count down flip chart and solicited input from family and friends. What a great idea. Also had an email from my brother Mike. He doesn't know how to get a camera phone picture to an email picture either. Maybe Casey will read this and have pity on us low-tech types. Stand by for Mike's garden photo.

It's 5:05 p.m. and 69 degrees after a high of 77 and a low of 52. The humidity is 41%. We're probably going to regret not taking advantage of this great day. But it stayed cool with a north wind until 2:30 when the wind turned around from the south. Oh well, we'll hope for more of the same tomorrow.

No comments: