Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fish Daddy's and Lowe's

Patti's quilted wall hanging of the famous flag pole at Hay Lake. Blair framed these unique works of art and hung them in the bedroom of cabin four.
Patti's quilted wall hanging of the old log cabin #1 at Hay Lake.
Cabin 4 at Hay Lake on Angler's Isle in Minnesota
Saturday, November 7, I finally got a good night's rest. My back feels about 90% today. I got up at 7:00 and opened every day/night shade to let in the glorious morning sunshine. Worked on Good Sam journal first thing this morning. I had a walk and a stretch before breakfast. Saw Sandy walking Brandy. Told her Bob said the 3-star crossword the other day was a tough one; a hidden triple led to a type 1 unique rectangle. She said it was long since in the trash. Bill is working today so I asked if she was up for a shopping trip but they had plans to shop later. Back home I cleaned the bathroom and then had a manicure and a pedicure. I printed Patti's Fried Turnip recipe to mail to my Dad.

Bob and I left for lunch just after noon. Forgot it was Saturday and fought the heavy traffic on 71st over to Fish Daddy's. We should have taken the freeway but we wanted to hunt for hardware stores. I had Cedar Plank Salmon, one of my favorites, and Bob had the fish sandwich. On the way home we stopped at Lowe's to look at PVC pipe for our new sewer hose compartment. The 4" diameter is too small at $8.89 for eight feet. The 6" diameter is $26.99! We're going back to the drawing board. We get a paper at Union and go home to read it.

The old log cabin on Hay Lake

I take another walk. Then I try to call my youngest brother Eric in NC but get no answer. I did reach my friend Blair later in the afternoon at Hay Lake in Minnesota. What a nice chat we had. And I kept her from mowing and raking--too bad. I thought it was only appropriate that I post some pictures from Angler's Isle Resort on Hay Lake in Minnesota. What fond memories we have over the past 35 years there with Blair and her family and friends.

I'm cooking our leftover carrots and cabbage from the soup ingredients the other day. I'll add them to our Italian stuff for dinner. It's 5:15 p.m. and 80 degrees after a high of 86 and a low of 58. The humidity is only 29%! This is my idea of fall.

1929 Studebaker RV-check it out at this website. I'm currently reading the Henry Ford book that mentions him camping across America with Thomas Edison and Harvey Firestone. One of my On-line RV Chat pals, Peggi, from Canada had this link on her travel blog. You can check her out at RVLiving

No comments: