Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pre-Move Pack and Return to The Yumm Factory

Saturday, December 12, I wake up early but have no clock or watch I can see. So I just get up and discover it is 5:03 a.m. But I don't mind because my neck doesn't hurt. I stretch to make sure it stays that way. The low was only 45 degrees so Bob didn't have to disconnect the water. It sure was nice to have it this morning as I was going through my morning routine.

I used my early morning free time to finish reading Maya Angelou's "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings." Bob got up and we had a light breakfast on this overcast morning. Then I took down all of the decor and packed away the items that can be done the day before our move. I called Bastrop RV Park and talked to Betty who said they have a site for us and will see us tomorrow. I forgot to ask if they ever started the road widening project out front on Hwy 71. I guess we'll see when we get there tomorrow.

We go to lunch around 12:15 and unanimously vote for a return trip to The Yumm Factory Cafe. It is not quite as busy on a Saturday in spite of the Texas BBQ on the buffet today. I opt for their famous meatloaf and it does not disappoint. Bob has the T.J. Monroe turkey sandwich with sliced green apples. My salad was dressed with their excellent Blue Cheese Vinaigrette. Go boxes again. Most of the patrons were loading up on sausage, chicken and BBQ ribs at the buffet and in typical Texas fashion, skipping most of the sides.

Back home to read the paper. Bob check the tires and fluids, moves the golf clubs out from under the tonneau cover and we bring the bikes into the towing position. It's 5:46 p.m. and 51 degrees, the high for the day, under cloudy skies with 85% humidity. Tomorrow we complete our round circuit trip back to Texas where it all started in The Beauty and The Beast last year and ends with Big Bertha and The Titanic.

No comments: