Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Night Football with Glenda

Glenda's fun quilted coasters and baked potato cozy with all of our favorite things!
Monday, December 14, I got up at 5:00 a.m. since I was wide awake and just listening to the traffic on Hwy 71. We are way closer to the road in this site. The good part is there are no RVs on our streetside so we have a nice view. The bad news is there are no RVs on our streetside so we get the traffic noise.

It is misty/rainy this morning but warm at 54 degrees. I stretch, have coffee, wrap a few presents, put out some Christmas decor and read for a while. Bob and I have a light breakfast. He goes to Bastrop for a haircut and I go outside to get the bugs off the RV after our move. Once I get started I give the windows a squeegee. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm nuts as it starts to drizzle again. But it helps to get the grime off soon after you move down the road.

Bob tries out his new quilt!

I get cleaned up and we go to Maxine's in downtown Bastrop. They are also on Texas Monthly's list of 40 Best Small Town Cafes. We were here two years ago with Steve and Elaine just as the place was changing ownership I believe. We think we spied the gal who owned Pecan Tree Cafe back in the kitchen. We missed the daily special so we both had grilled pork chops. The sides were fabulous; baked sweet potato with pecan praline topping, fresh green beans, broccoli cheese rice and jalapeno cheese corn.

Glenda and Bob admire her masterpiece

I mailed a postcard around the corner. We got gas for $2.46 at Shell and a paper. Then we stopped at Home Depot where Bob found black spray paint for our plastic sewer hose container and I found wood floor cleaner. Home to read the paper and work the puzzles. I worked on pics and journals on-line. I need to make my dip and we'll head to Glenda's for Monday Night Football. Can't wait to visit with her.

It's 5:19 p.m. and 61 degrees under misty gray skies with 92% humidity. The high was 71 after a low of 53.

We had another fun 'football' night at Glenda's. It was too warm for a fire but we had a cozy evening with all of her Christmas decor and my garlic cheese dip, pumpernickel bread and chips. And of course her Amaretto Gevalia's.

Bob got to unveil his long-awaited quilt that Glenda made for him. And what a gorgeous piece of artwork it is! She also made matching quilted coasters out of the material from my quilt last year and Bob's new quilt. Not to mention a microwave baked potato cozy. We are set! It will all look very tasteful in our new living room. And somehow she found the cutest 5th wheel RV ornament that is almost an exact replica of The Titanic!

Love this beautiful quilt Glenda made for her daughter-in-law Cheryl.

We chatted the night away while San Fransisco demolished the Cardinals; or maybe Arizona did themselves in with seven turnovers. So nice to be back to enjoy these special times with Glenda. It was warm and humid when we left just before 11:00 p.m. The cold front didn't blow in until the middle of the night.

No comments: