Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Housecleaning and Nancy's Steakhouse in Bastrop

Tuesday, December 15, I was up at 6:30. It was 47 outside-the high for the day-and 57 in the living room. I turned the heater down a little too low last night. It is cloudy but dry this morning. I read and sip coffee. Bob gets up and we have fun with our gifts from Glenda last night.

As I'm sipping my coffee this morning about 8:30, Dawn calls to change my hair appointment in Austin tomorrow from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Bob and I are both happy that we don't have to get up early and head to Austin in the traffic.

We have breakfast and I go into housecleaning mode. Then I get out my lighted candy cane. It looks pretty good in the window above the love seat. Around 12:30 we go to lunch at Nancy's Steakhouse just down the road on Hwy 71. Seems like they are off-and-on good each year when we return and this year is not a good one.

On the way home we stop at Walgreen's for sundries and a paper. We relax until 4:30 with the paper and puzzles. Then I work on email and journal pages. Bob tries to dial in the channels we want to watch tonight. Our cable connection is fuzzy and we haven't see Paul, the RV Park owner, yet to tell him. So Bob was trying to get the major networks over the airwaves but something is blocking our antenna on the roof from pivoting completely. It's always something. And it's too cold and windy to go up on the roof and investigate. There's always tomorrow.

It's 5:45 p.m. and 47 degrees with 57% humidity.

No comments: