Monday, February 22, 2010

Summer Ohio Friends Join Winter Texans

Monday, February 15, the wind blew terribly last night. I got very little sleep. The gusts were 40 mph and caused loud flapping of our awnings. I woke up for good at 4:00 a.m. and just gave up on sleep and got out of bed at 4:45. It is 62 degrees in the living room. The high gets to 68 after a low of 41. The wind blows until 8:00 a.m. from the north and keeps it from warming up. The skies clear early and we have nice sun all day. I read for three hours until Bob gets up at a normal hour. After a light breakfast I clean the bathroom.

Bob works on the digital picture frame. I make the first run through our Income Taxes for 2009. Around 12:30 we go to lunch at Pepito's. Tilapia with verde sauce for me. Fish Tacos for Bob. Afterwards we check out an antique store just south of Pepito's that we liked last year. I found a cute little wicker/wrought iron shelf and Bob found a lure. We got a paper at our second stop and headed back to the RV Park. Lo and behold, Tom and Nan just pulled in ahead of us with their Big Truck, Grand Junction and Smart Car. We stop in front of the office to greet them. How fun to have them here! And the day is young; it's only 3:30.

We let them alone to check in and get set up. We go home and read the paper telling them we'll meet for drinks later. They maneuver the circle at the end of our row and end up taking slot 201, two sites over, as it is easier to get into. They get all settled in and come over with cheese, crackers and and excellent Mark Twain wine. I love the cranberry cheese they introduce us to. I add my trail mix and we chat until 8:30. It is so fun to catch up on what we've all been doing since our time in Ohio last summer. They just left a 51-rig RV rally in Kerrville, TX. We watch pairs figure skating this evening. It's 10:33 p.m. and 47 degrees with 50% humidity. Bud called to say they would meet us here for lunch on Wednesday. He has been in Haiti for three weeks after the earthquake to help with electrical utility service there. I cant' wait to hear about his experience.

No comments: