Monday, January 18, 2010

Rusty at the Driving Range

Monday, January 18, I sleep in until 9:00. I get busy and make Crispy Thingies since I bought all of the ingredients yesterday. I almost was able to make them in the convection oven without getting out the manual to preheat and set the oven. Maybe next time. I'm getting more comfortable with it. We have a Crispy Thingy for breakfast. Bob takes a shower and heads to Bastrop to get a haircut. I make a few phone calls and don't quite get the kitchen cleaned up and he's back home. I had a nice chat with my friend Marilyn near here in Smithville. We hope to get together this weekend.

He browses on-line for an RV stabilizer system (SteadyFast) he wants to order while we're here so we can have it delivered to Glenda's. I send an email to the guy who sells them to find out their compatibility with Glendale RVs. Then I get cleaned up and we go to Maxine's downtown for their Monday Pork Roast Special. It's not until we get down by the courthouse that I realize it is MLK Day. The whole downtown parking area is empty. Maxine's is hopping though. We can't resist the lemon pie today. It has mile-high whipped cream and is more like a custard than most lemon pie. I give it a 5-star rating.

Our waitress gives us change for the newspaper machine outside and we head home. My friend Jean from Austin calls and we make plans for lunch and a Titanic tour next Tuesday. Bob and I finally make it to the driving range. Wow, it's been quite a while since I hit a golf ball. The high got to 69 today so it is just nice to be outdoors. This was the first time Bob dug the golf clubs out from 'down under' and he said it wasn't too bad. We buy five dozen of the discount golf balls this guy sells at Bear Country driving range. Every year we cash in on that deal. When we get home they won't fit with the rest of our stash so we have to expand the golf equipment to another cabinet. That's serious!

I get on-line and work on journal pages and clear out three months worth of emails. It's 5:50 p.m. and 67 degrees with 59% humidity. The low was 45 degrees.

No comments: