Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year and New Decade!

Friday, January 1, I slept in until 9:30 after reading until 2:45 a.m. following our marathon New Year's Eve games. And the night before I was up at 3:45 a.m. so I almost was up around the clock. Considering my lack of sleep I don't feel too bad on this first day of the new year. The first two hours I kind of vegetated. At least I wasn't drinking last night. Pinochle was sure fun. I miss that.

This morning I skipped my coffee until noon! We had a light breakfast around 10:30. It is sunny and we have the back picture window shade up. The young gal behind us in the park model is gone! She stopped us as we pulled out last night on our way out to dinner to say she was leaving her bike rack behind our truck for a bit. We said OK but had no idea she was packing up and leaving this morning. Our new view is much better now.

I walk, stretch, and put the Christmas decorations away. Then I hang Glenda's bird quilted wall hanging in the front window. The redbirds are so colorful. I just love them as you come up the steps into the front door. Bob silicones the shower door slight leak. Then he finishes his 'down under' organization and finally, after eight months, put the golf clubs and La Fuma lawn chairs in the RV storage (they have been in the extended cab of the pick-up all of this time.) They fit like a glove in the space he has created for them. We are officially organized on the first day of 2010!

I put Dan Fogelberg's "Another Auld Lang Syne" on the CD player (thanks MT, I love having my music back!) as I do every New Year's. I had a nice email from Mike yesterday. It sounds like they had a nice Christmas.

We have chicken broccoli soup for lunch. Then I clean up the kitchen and go to Beall's for their big New Year's Day sale. I found a Rose shirtwaist blouse that I looked at before Christmas that is now 50% off. This time I brought my Coldwater Creek skirt with me to match the color. And I also found a maroon shell to go with it. Now I have possible wedding attire for this Spring. I stopped at Chevron for a paper but they were out so I had to go to Walgreen's.

I go home to read the paper and work the puzzles. We gave the Egg Art jigsaw puzzle to Steve and Elaine. Do you think they'll speak to us after that? I made breakfast for dinner; fried potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, turkey bacon and eggs with cantaloupe on the side. Then we watched Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives at 9:00. Before that I watched The Biggest Loser finale for two hours. Maybe it will inspire me. It's 6:53 p.m. and 48 degrees with 39% humidity. The high was 67 and the low was 35.

No comments: