Sunday, March 21, 2010

Antiquing Slidell

Wednesday, March 17, at 7:00 when I got up I reset the Daylight Savings Time on the digital picture frame. I missed it coming on automatically in time for me to enjoy my morning coffee and rediscover of all the places we've been. It rained all night and big puddles are everywhere. That was not predicted! I get on-line and set our map coordinates and update our location on my Earthlink homepage. I took a walk and stretched before breakfast. It sure feels good not to be moving for a whole month. At 8:30 the free shuttle from the campground leaves for New Orleans' French Quarters. One couple gets on it.

After breakfast I wash the bugs off the RV and clean the dust off the windows. It is overcast today with a low of 52 and a high of 66 degrees. I clean myself up after all of that work and we go to Ruby Tuesday's. We love their salad bar and today we add Salmon Minis. Their Waldorf Salad on the salad bar is one of the best I've ever had (I love to try Waldorf Salads wherever I go.) Today, in one of those great culinary accidents, I dropped a pile of very sharp crumbled bleu cheese off the salad bar onto my Waldorf Salad. Yumm! Elvis and his peanut butter and banana sandwiches got nothing on me! The manager gives us some freebie coupons for next time. We get fuel and a Times-Picayune newspaper. Then we find the Slidell post office to mail a package and get stamps.

While we're downtown we browse three or four antique stores. Bob finds a lure. We hunt down the Chamber of Commerce but they have no idea where the trail head is even though "somebody just came in and asked that yesterday." Duh. We check out the used bookstore next door. The lady is all excited about the St. Pat's Parade on Sunday. We fight the horrible traffic on Gause and head home to read the paper and snack on the last of our shrimp from the shrimp boil at Southern Oaks. I take a walk around 6:00 and meet Rodney and Janet in a Grand Junction (37QSL) who are two site over streetside from us. They are from Ste. Genevieve, Missouri. They are working on a levee down here for most of 2010 and into 2011. The company flies them home every two weeks. This is their first year in their Grand Junction RV. He says the 1993 flooding in Ste. Genevieve got him the levee experience.

I walk back home to have leftover salmon from Texas Roadhouse and watch Human Target. It's 7:29 p.m. and 68 degrees with 44% humidity.

No comments: