Saturday, May 29, 2010

Errands and Broussard's Cajun Cuisine, Cape Girardeau, MO

Travis, Michael and Mari Bess at Broussard's

Tuesday, May 4, I'm up at 6:45. It feels like 10:00 a.m. after passing out at 11:00 last night-I was so tired. It is sunny and a perfect day with a high of 79 and a low of 55. I read this morning and we have a light breakfast. I stretch and browse my brother Eric's pictures on Picasso of the morning of the wedding when the Rood clan was here at the RV Park. I steal a few pictures for my blog-thanks for sharing Eric. I print and mail some pictures of the rehearsal and wedding to my parents.

Bob goes fishing and is back home by 11:30. He caught another big catfish and some bass. Earlier the motorhome next to us packed up and left. We said they look like newbies. As he pulls out his small toad has the rear wheels down and they are locked, leaving big ruts in the site. As Bob goes out to tell him he notices and jumps out. He has his emergency break on or something. He makes an adjustment and is off again.

We take Kingshighway to 74 to Silver Springs and drop off two big bags at Goodwill that Bob scoped out. Then we go to Ruby Tuesday's for a salad bar. I used my preferred customer on-line coupon and got 25% off. We wind our way back to Kingsshighway and go to Schnuck's-a great store here in Missouri that we have missed from our St. Louis days. Bob finds Killian's Red for $1.00/bottle. I find new pineapple Smirnoff's. We won't talk about the Red Velvet Cupcakes that jumped in the cart. Or the huge soft pretzel the size of a hot dog bun at the bakery for 99 cents.

We stop at Rhode's for diesel and a St. Louis Post-Dispatch (it's so nice having a real newspaper.) We go home to stow the groceries and then I take time to open our mail. Bob puts the new registration stickers on the truck and RV. I cut up veges and at last we relax with the paper. Bob goes off to fish again. It's 4:02 p.m. and 71 degrees with 43% humidity. Our indoor/outdoor thermometer is flashing. It needs the batteries changed. They are mowing grass here at the RV Park and it is very loud.

At 5:45 Mari Bess, Travis, Michael and Callie arrive in two vehicles. They get a tour of the Titanic. We chat for a bit and walk to the pond where Michael skips rocks. Callie goes to her pool night and the rest of us go to Broussard's Cajun Cuisine on Main in Cape. Bob has his first parallel parking job with our new truck as he squeezes in behind Mari Bess.

She orders clams, crawfish and gator appetizer and shares it with all of us. How nice! I have Crawfish Etouffee stuffed potato. Bob has blackened swordfish. They have a great Poppy Seed dressing. We leave with 'go boxes.' I snap a picture out front and we say our goodbyes. What a great weekend with many memories.

Bob and I head home to watch NCIS LA and "V". We are leaving tomorrow and we've done no pre-move packing. There is flooding in Nashville on the news. It's 10:05 p.m. and 71 degrees with 43% humidity.

No comments: