Sunday, May 30, 2010

Antiques in Marion, IL

Friday, May 7, up at 7:00 a.m. to a sunny, warm day. I miss my indoor/outdoor thermometer; the batteries are still recharging. Doris and Jim next door pack up like the rookies they are and leave by 10:30 as we enjoy a light breakfast. We close up the RV in case of rain, put the bikes in the garage and go north on I-57 to exit 45. Then take 148 to 37 north to Whitecotton Antique Mall. It is really off the beaten path down a long gravel drive to a metal building. I buy a ozen postcards and a pilgrim hat for Gertrude.

We continue north on 37 to Hwy 13 (DeYoung) in Marion and go east two blocks to Van Buren and south to Warehouse Antique Mall. I buy 44 postcards for 25 cents each and five more for $1.00 each. The guy said somebody sat down a few weeks ago and looked at all of them three times and bought 180 postcards. A lot of collectors look at the fronts and the backs so they do go through them several times.

We go back to 37 (Court Street) to a Dollar General that has no diet SoBe's. Then we take 13 west to I-57 around Illinois center Mall. We can't find the Ruby Tuesday's Bob scoped out. We even go inside the mall. We end up at O'Charley's. Salmon for me; teriyaki chicken for Bob.

After lunch we head back to Madison Antique Mall and an emporium a few blocks down. Both are duds. We get a paper at Main and I-57 and score a St. Louis Post-Dispatch! As we head home I have all the bars on the cell phone until three miles from our exit on the Interstate. It seems as soon as we get in site of the three cell/micro towers surrounding our campground we lose all signal. It is hot in the RV and very humid. It's 4:45 p.m. and I have no idea what the temperature is since our batteries are still charging. I just know it's hot!

No comments: