Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stand Up and Be Counted!

Thursday, April 1, I have no idea where March went! In spite of our long cycle I couldn't sleep last night. Woke up at 8:15 on a board. Whatever is blooming, tree pollen probably, has my sinuses running. I take a walk anyway after a light breakfast and come home to stretch.

Right after I get back there's a knock on the door. It's a young gal working for the Census. She takes all of our information and Voila! we are counted! Our Escapee RV mail-forwarding service had first informed us that a census form would be mailed to us and we would need to comply with a quick turn around. Then the feds informed them it was not to work that way but we heard no more about it. I asked this gal and she said she was hired to go door-to-door at 3 or 4 RV Parks and marinas in the area. People are to be counted 'where they are' if they have no permanent home. So even though we have a permanent address in Texas, if we don't physically live in that spot, we get counted where we are when the census is taken. On the Census form we are called "People staying here on April 1,2010 who have no permanent place to live." Interesting.

I work on journal pages for a bit. Around 1:00 Bob and I go to Ruby Tuesday's to enjoy their salad bar. Then we cruise up and down Gause to scope out beauty shops as my hair is getting critical. Finally we stop at Rouse's, a great grocery up here that reminds me of the old Simon-David in Austin. We find Yellow Tail wine for $5.99 a bottle. And we buy seasoned chicken thighs for $0.98/lb. They'll work good in my Chicken Broccoli Soup that my Dad loves so much.

I cut up Ponchatoula strawberries. They are in season right now, very inexpensive and so tasty. They are sold on almost every street corner here. We got ours at Rouse's. It's 5:49 p.m. and 73 degrees with 46% humidity. The high was 74 after a low of 56.

No comments: