Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Brunch in Slidell, LA

Reet wears Marilynn's Tiger Eye necklace and earrings for Easter

Sunday, April 4, I didn't get up until 9:00 and then I just lounged the morning away. We got cleaned up and dressed for brunch at Ruby Tuesday's. I wore my friend Marilynn's Tiger Eye necklace and earrings! I just love them.

We had the four-course brunch:

--Yogurt Parfait with granola and raspberry sauce
--Salmon Benedict and 3-way Benedict; steak, crab and chicken
--cheesy biscuits
--chocolate chip cookies

There was not a very big crowd as almost every local restaurant is having a huge buffet brunch for Easter. We chose this one because it was only four choices. Some of them had 75 Cajun entrees and sides. That seemed like it would negate all of our cycling. This was a great brunch. My only complaint was they didn't give us a chocolate bunny!

We went home with the Sunday paper. I work on my Earthlink journal pages and finally post our Feb. 2009 cruise! Better late than never. Then I spend a few hours figuring out Good Sam's Homepage site and individual travel journal sites where I'm building my new archives.

Finally I read the paper and we enjoy the 4-bean turkey soup Bob made yesterday. I clean up the dishes and go for a walk. I call Mom and Dad. They had Easter at Dane and Lori's yesterday. My brother Eric from North Carolina was there and my two nephews with their wives were also there; Nathaniel and Maria and Jason and Mary. Dad said Jason and Mary stopped by today for a couple of hours before they left town. It's nice to have Jason back in the States after his working stint abroad last year.

Bob and I watch Sharpe's Peril on PBS which was fun after reading the whole series recently. It's 10:10 p.m. and 68 degrees with 75% humidity. The high was 76 and the low was 64.

No comments: