Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Golf at page Belcher, Tulsa, OK


I got up at 8:00 a.m. to sunny skies and a low temp of 50 degrees. Our curbside neighbors load their bikes in their pickup truck and leave by 10:30. We enjoy Crispy Thingies for breakfast and head to Page Belcher Golf course down Union. Our streetside neighbor is packing up his 5th wheel to leave as we head out. We've only seen him once besides right now. He appears to be a younger worker bee.

A 15 to 20 mph wind makes the golf difficult on this course with a hefty slope rating. The sun goes away about half way through our round and the air is chilly. We use our discount cards from last year and pay $12.00 each to walk 18 holes. We play the front nine holes of Olde Page Course and the back nine holes of Stone Creek Course as we try to zoom a slow foursome. Above you see an old picture I took in November 2005 on Stone Creek Course. Today I didn't have my digital camera with me. Actually the trees were much more colorful four or five days ago here. Now they are mostly brown and the leaves are falling already.

I started out playing well but the last 5 or 6 holes I was tired and it was not pretty. We were done by 3:45. Stopped for a paper at Union gas station. Some creepy guy was lurking around and we got out of there fast. Had a voice message from my brother Mike so I called him back. We had a nice chat. He said he really enjoyed Petty Theft concert the other night in spite of it being chilly at the outdoor venue. Casey said they did a good job of Tom Petty's songs. Bob and I had leftovers after I stretched out the kinks. It's 5:04 p.m and 65 degrees after a high of 68 with 57% humidity.

No comments: