Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Too Chilly to Cycle

Tuesday, November 10, I get up at 5:53 a.m. after sleeping soundly. I passed out last night about an hour earlier than usual while reading. I guess the golf tired me out. The good news is my back is no worse for wear after the golf. I work on journal pages and sip my coffee (love the Dunkin' Donuts Hazelnut that my friend Liz in Austin introduced me to last Christmas.) It has been my coffee of choice when I can find it in the grocery store.



A Duchesne High classmate, Mike Wilkison, from my hometown of St. Charles, MO, sent an invite on Facebook to Sing Out St. Charles, MO. I was excited to sign up and I hope we can find some of our old local friends of this offshoot of the national "Up With People" organization. What fun we had. I even met my hubby of 34 years at one of these events.

Patti was on the Facebook chat line when I got on the second time and we visited briefly. I took a break from the laptop and went for my morning walk and stretch. We had a light breakfast and somehow the morning passed while I cleaned up the kitchen. We left around 10:30 to try to find black PVC pipe at Ace Hardware at 61st Street and Peoria. They didn't have anything in the over 4-inch diameter range. We browsed around and I found a small American flag for Gertrude for the bargain price of 79 cents!

On to Food Pyramid where we both drooled over another bargain cake in their bakery; this one was Red Velvet. We resisted. Bought a boatload of fruit instead. Today we had to buy our Tulsa World newspaper. Our last stop was The Delta Cafe where I enjoyed grilled catfish and that yummy squash casserole they serve. Their vegetable beef soup was a winner too. Bob had the turkey dinner and we both enjoyed jalapeno corn bread and wheat rolls on the side served with honey and butter.

Home to read the paper and work the puzzles. The sun refuses to make an appearance until about 2:45 when it finally gets up to 67 degrees. But it will be dark by 5:30 so we blow off our intended bike ride today. The wind has turned around and is out of the north so that chill factor is putting us off. Maybe tomorrow. It's 2:49 p.m. and 67 degrees with 62% humidity. I get one last walk in for the day and run into Bill, Sandy and Brandy. Sandy said they got their new eyeglasses today and did some shopping; too much for Bill's liking. She got a free phone upgrade as well but it took forever. She says Bill's job has been extended a week so they are staying. I sure hope we can fit in a shopping trip.

I go home to eat leftovers and watch V, NCIS LA, and The Good Wife.

No comments: